What is Hacking Health?
HACKING HEALTH aims to transform healthcare by connecting healthcare professionals with designers, developers, innovators and entrepreneurs to build realistic, human-centric solutions to front-line healthcare problems. We believe that innovation is fuelled by diverse minds and perspectives.
What is Hacking Health Windsor + Detroit?
Hacking Health Windsor + Detroit is a collaboration between WE Tech Alliance and Tech Town Detroit. The event is designed to bring providers, designers, and tech enthusiasts from Windsor, Ontario and Detroit Michigan together to collaborate and develop novel mobile health solutions to address real world challenges.
Hacking Health Windsor + Detroit is Hacking Health’s first binational collaboration.
Hacking Health Windsor + Detroit II Recap Video | 2016
Hacking Health Windsor + Detroit I Recap Video | 2015
Zain’s Role in this project
- Engaged health system leaders, providers, and clinician in the Erie St. Clair Region to sponsor and participate in the event.
- Led a team of high school students towards the successful creation of a behavioral health mobile application.
- Acted as a coach, facilitators, and mentor to teams.
- Developed the curriculum for and facilitated a “pitch clinic”, teaching attendees how to represent their ideas in 5 minutes or less.
- Invited to the Hacking Health Global team as a mentor and facilitator.
What is the Detroit Windsor “MedHealth” Cluster?
The MedHealth Regional Innovation Cluster Working Committee (“Working Committee”) is charged with leading a collaborative, cross-border initiative that leverages the combined assets and opportunities of Southeast Michigan and Southwest Ontario to advance the region’s status as a hub of innovation within the medical industry.
The Southeast Michigan/Southwest Ontario region is uniquely suited to the growth of talent, opportunity, and exchange of ideas; marking the early stages of a medical innovation cluster in the region. There are countless opportunities for collaboration and sharing of resources amongst small and large medical technology companies, major health systems and other health providers, universities, economic developers, entrepreneurial service providers, government, and innovators.
The MedHealth Regional Innovation Cluster is a collaborative, cross-border initiative leveraging the combined assets and opportunities of Southeast Michigan and Southwest Ontario to advance the region’s status as a hub of innovation within the healthcare industry. Partners include:
- Arbor Hospice
- Beaumont Health
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
- Detroit Economic Growth Corporation
- Detroit Medical Centre
- Digital Venture Factory
- Detroit Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Henry Ford Health System
- Henry Ford Health System Innovation Institute
- Invest Detroit
- Leamington District Memorial Hospital
- Microsoft Corporation
- Mobile Diagnostic Services
- Michigan State University
- Oakland County
- Oakland University
- TechTown Detroit
- University of Michigan
- University of Windsor
- Wayne State University
- World Health Innovation Network
You can learn more about the Detroit Windsor MedHealth Innovation Cluster here.
What is Rise Asset Development?
- Pitched Rise Asset Development to open of branch in Windsor Essex.
- Engaged regional stakeholder and obtained letter of support speaking to the need for such a charity in Windsor Essex; received 18 letter of support.
- Brokers and introduced Rise’s Executive Director to key individuals and stakeholders in Windsor Essex.
- Serves as Youth Coach, Mentor and Organization Champion
- Currently focusing on launching RISE’s Youth Small Business Program nationally through a digital platform.
- Launched Youth Small Business Program in Windsor
- Launched Youth Small Business Program in Essex County
- Established RISE as a partner in the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Windsor & Essex County
Learn more at www.riseassetdevelopment.com