What is the Detroit Windsor “MedHealth” Cluster?
The MedHealth Regional Innovation Cluster Working Committee (“Working Committee”) is charged with leading a collaborative, cross-border initiative that leverages the combined assets and opportunities of Southeast Michigan and Southwest Ontario to advance the region’s status as a hub of innovation within the medical industry.
The Southeast Michigan/Southwest Ontario region is uniquely suited to the growth of talent, opportunity, and exchange of ideas; marking the early stages of a medical innovation cluster in the region. There are countless opportunities for collaboration and sharing of resources amongst small and large medical technology companies, major health systems and other health providers, universities, economic developers, entrepreneurial service providers, government, and innovators.
The MedHealth Regional Innovation Cluster is a collaborative, cross-border initiative leveraging the combined assets and opportunities of Southeast Michigan and Southwest Ontario to advance the region’s status as a hub of innovation within the health care industry. Partners include:
- Arbor Hopsice
- Beaumont Health
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
- Detroit Economic Growth Corporation
- Detroit Medical Centre
- Digital Venture Factory
- Detroit Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Henry Ford Health System
- Henry Ford Health System Innovation Institute
- Invest Detroit
- Leamington District Memorial Hospital
- Microsoft Corporation
- Mobile Diagnostic Services
- Michigan State University
- Oakland County
- Oakland University
- TechTown Detroit
- University of Michigan
- University of Windsor
- Wayne State University
- World Health Innovation Network
What is Zain’s Role in this project?
- Representing Leamington District Memorial Hospital
- Assit in djfinining mission, vision, and values as well as the strategy and key activities if the working group.
- Assist in defining metrics
- Lead planning for engagement session in Windsor, Ontario, Canada
- Lead stakeholder engagement for parties in Ontario
- Member of the Med Health Cluster Challenge subcommittee.
The Working Committee has established three priorities for servicing and growing the emerging cluster:
Priority #1: A MedHealth Innovation Pathway guiding medical device innovators through a path towards commercialization.
Priority #2: A Regional Assessment that will define the MedHealth cluster through discovery and analysis and establish Southeast Michigan/Southwest Ontario’s competitive advantages and gaps in medical innovation.
Priority #3: The MedHealth Summit, bringing together health care providers and payers with innovators to spur the development of innovations and technologies to solve key problems in healthcare in the region.